After researching all of the drones on the market I decided on the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom, I will focus on 11 reasons why I picked this drone.
The first thing you have to ask yourself is “What am I going to use this Drone for?“
For me, I create content, and I post images and video’s on my Blog, and other Social Media sites. With this drone, some luck and a bit of skill hopefully I can create stunning shots from aerial vantage points that would make my productions and overall content POP!
- The Mavic 2 Zoom offers a camera with a 1/2.3, a better than half inch+ CMOS Sensor which produces 12MP stunning images. Now full disclosure the Mavic 2 Pro does have a Hasselblad camera complete with a full 1″ CMOS camera Sensor, able to take 20MP UHD images. DJI recently purchased into Hasselblad an Iconic Swedish camera company. I imagine if you are a photographer the decision would be a No-Brainer……but wait there’s more.
- The Mavic 2 Zoom has a 2x 24-48mm optical zoom camera lens allowing you to take stunning photos and the ability to ZOOM in on your subject. The drone operator/photographer is able to capture everything from wide angle to mid range shots for more creative options. Being able to zoom in on the subjects without having to fly in closer is a feature I have been waiting for in a drone, Oh and the images support 12Mega pixels, just like my iPhone X.
- The Mavic 2 Zoom camera can also take amazing Video and Supports 4x lossless zoom at 120 FPS (Frames Per Second) at 1080p video, OR 30 FPS at 4K which is an awesome option.
- OccuSync 2.0, video transmission system performance is greatly enhanced with improvements made to communicate long distances HD video quality and anti-interference. This system offers unprecedented first person view REAL-TIME Video, in short you see what the drone sees in real time. If you have line of sight to your drone the system performs flawlessly.
- The Mavic 2 Zoom has a posted maximum flight time of ~30 minutes, my experience has been more like 27 min which is ideal for me. I just make sure I have another 3 fully charged batteries in my flight kit.
- DJI 4 Go is an app you can download onto your phone or tablet and use to manage the drone and control and fly all Real time first person view of your flight including GPS mapping telemetry flight path and other software features that make this an amazing drone app used to control the drone, and include access to a flight simulator and other video training and informative information, and it’s free.
- Dedicated remote controller features a foldable low profile ergonomic design to hold your smart phone for maximum convenience the detachable control sticks are stored inside the remote controller to pack neatly when on the go.
- The Mavic 2 Zoom and the Mavic 2 Pro both offer 6 Obstacle avoidance sensors optical and IR, GPS, and a pair of ultrasonic range finders the sensors are redundant and a group of 24 powerful serialized computers make sure that your drone is flying safely, this drone is a technological marvel, no joke!
- Active track with improvements to both hardware and software, active track 2.0 takes your tracking experience to a whole new level and insures precise recognition trajectory prediction high-speed tracking and obstacle sensing. This improved system allows the drone to stay on the target while filming, like a bloodhound on a scent.
- If speed is important you will be glad to hear that these drones hit a max speed of 45mph, not a racing drone but great for most needs.
- The Mavic 2 Zoom and the Mavic 2 Pro both are lightweight and compact, both have that famous Mavic foldable design which allows you to store the drone and it’s accessories in a small package, making travel with the drone a breeze.
So if you want to take your photographs and video to the next level and capture amazing shots that will make your content glow and pop than run don’t walk and get this state of the art jewel of a drone. These drones truly are a technological wonder. Click here to connect to Amazon and shop for the best deal.
One final very important thought, I consider myself a beginner when it comes to flying drones and I consider this purchase a considerable investment, I did not want to destroy this drone on my maiden voyage. So I did some research and I signed up and took a DJI drone flying course. I can say unequivocally it proved to help me avoid common initial mistakes many beginners make, Click the link to read all about my experience with Dart Drones, give it a peek.